Welcome To MNTS Tamil School
* MNTS Tamil School was founded with 12 students during December of 2008.
* One of the first Cognia (formerly AdvancED) accredited Tamil School during Jan 2014.
* 40+ Teacher Volunteers, more than 400 students enrolled for 2022-23 academic year
* 20+ Tamil BA linguistic degree holders, another 5+ graduating soon.
* 30+ teachers formally trained in IPA (Integrated Performance Assessment)
* During 2017 seven of our teachers were part of the MDE (MN Dept. of Education) sponsored Tamil assessment workshop conducted by ACTFL. Proficiency Assessment Development for Minnesota Bilingual Seal in Tamil – certificate of participation provided by ACTFL to 7 teachers, first ever kind of project for Tamil language in USA.
* During 2020 a second Tamil assessment was created for the Bilingual Seal for MDE by 4 of our teachers
* Entire MNTS Syllabus levels was developed based on ACTFL proficiency levels and also aligned with Tamil National standards approved during July 2022
* 37 Total students from 7 school districts earned the Bilingual Seal for Tamil from 2017 to 2022 from MN Department of Education, unique distinction compared to any other Tamil School in entire US.
* MNTS College Scholarship for all Bilingual Students who earn Gold or Platinum Seal. $800 for Proficiency certificate, $1000 for Gold and $1200 for Platinum level as scholarship for college, first ever in entire US, rewarding students attaining Bilingual Seal.
* MNTS Syllabus is shared with anyone in the world fully or partially based on creative common principles. Paperless complete digital versions were created and anyone can use them using guest login https://openlms.mntamilschool.org/
Affiliations / Certifications
* Accredited by Cognia (formerly AdvancED) from 2014 onwards – https://home.cognia.org/registry (search Institution name as “MNTS Tamil School”)
* Tamil Virtual Academy Chennai – http://www.tamilvu.org/en/contact-centre (Nodal Center for Minnesota)
* Certificate of Appreciation by Minnesota Governor
* ACTFL participation certificates for 7 Teachers during 2017 for creating Tamil Bilingual Seal assessments for MDE
* BA Tamil Degree Holders
* IPA trained Teachers
* 37 Bilingual Seal Students from 2016 to 2022
* ATTA – American Tamil Teachers Association. Immense contribution in developing National Standard for Tamil between 2008 and 2022 by MNTS Teachers.