Welcome To MNTS Tamil School
- MNTS Tamil School was founded with 12 students during December of 2008.
- One of the first AdvancED accredited Tamil School during Jan 2014.
- 80+ Teacher Volunteers, close to 400 students enrolled for 2019-20 so far.
- 15+ Tamil BS degree holders, another 10+ graduating soon.
- 30+ teachers formally trained in IPA (Integrated Performance Assessment)
- 7 ACTFL certified teachers eligible to assess Bilingual Students on all 4 skills LSRW (Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing)
- Entire Syllabus levels matched with ACTFL proficiency levels – unique compared to any syllabus in US
- Total 12 students from 7 school districts earned the Bilingual Seal for Tamil from 2017 to 2019 from MN Department of Education, unique distinction compared to any other Tamil School in entire US.
- MNTS College Scholarship for all Bilingual Students who earn Gold or Platinum Seal. $1000 for Gold and $1200 for Platinum level as scholarship for college, first ever in entire US, rewarding students attaining Bilingual Seal.
Affilations / Certifications
- AdvancED – http://www.advanc-ed.org/oasis2/u/par/accreditation/summary?institutionId=57683
- Tamil Virtual Academy Chennai – http://www.tamilvu.org/en/contact-centre (Nodal Center for Minnesota)
- Certificate of Appreciation by Minnesota Governor
- ACTFL certificates for 7 Teachers
- BA Tamil Degree Holders
- IPA trained Teachers
- Bilingual Seal StudentsATTA – American Tamil Teachers Association – Can-do statements & National Standard for Tamil