The primary mission of the MNTS Tamil School is to educate K12 students and adults about Tamil language, culture, and heritage in thestate of Minnesota and anywhere in the world including eLearning platforms.
The other missions include:
1. To create, maintain and continuously improve the curriculum based on national standards in the U.S. and align with the world language learning standards for Tamil
2. To support and constantly improve as an educational institution by adhering to accreditation standards
3. To inspire and educate all students about Tamil language, culture, and heritage by accepting, appreciating, nurturing, and challenging them to their individual needs and ability
4. To support its teachers by offering professional development, peer support, assessment training, technology support and to become Tamil language assessors aligning with national standards
5. To garner the support of Tamil speaking community in teaching Tamil and maintaining high standards for Tamil language education
6. To share the knowledge of second/foreign language teaching methodologies and related training with the Tamil teachersacross the U.S.
7. To share the curriculum and eLearning content on creative common principles with any Tamil language school, teachers, and students across the world
8. To create, maintain and improve structured, paperless LSRW Tamil learning content to achieve various language proficiency levels
9. To prepare students for various proficiency level assessments and attain Bilingual seal
10. To establish and award college scholarships to the students who attain highest proficiency levels through Bilingual Seal assessment so as to groom them as future teachers
Our vision is continuing to improve the Tamil language education in the U.S. comparable to any other world language to make each heritage Tamil student and others to formally learn the language to sustain it beyond generations. Long term vision includes establishing Tamil immersion language public schools in the U.S.