Trainings and Certifications around Assessments:
The MNTS Tamil School has been constantly investing in training and enabling the staff on various aspects of learning including instructional methodology and assessment. Below is a list of all enablement initiatives by the MNTS Tamil School.
- MDE-Assessor/Rater training: 10 teachers have gone through arrays of Assessor/Rater trainings administered by MDE. This training aligns with ACTFL evaluation guidelines. These teachers spent significant effort in building Bilingual Assessment for Tamil Language which is currently been used by MDE (Minnesota Department of Education) for administering Tamil Bilingual assessments across the state of Minnesota.
- BA Tamil-ology: School has laid a conducive Platform for graduating Tamil BA through TVA. Leveraging this 22 Teachers got graduated so far through Tanjore Tamil University. School is continuously campaigning and offering support to have more graduated
- Instructional Methodology Training: Dr Anuradha Gopalakrishnan conducted synchronous training for 6 weeks. 16 New Teachers benefited from this session which covered Instructional Methods. School recently developed asynchronous learning content and had teachers to review it over 3 weeks span.
- Interpretive Reading Strategy: On 9/22/2022, Dr Anuradha Gopalakrishnan presented for 75 minutes which covered Interpretive reading Characteristics; Instructional Method, reading strategies and Task design-Comprehension.
- OPI – Oral Proficiency Interview: Aug-Oct 2022, 10 Teachers attended 6 Weeks OPI Workshop through ACTFL. Participants demonstrated higher proficiency and continuing on certification journey next.
- LMS Grading – Training: On Nov 10, 2022, Sivanandam Mariyappan & Jeyshree presented a 2 hours session. This mandatory Induction for teachers debriefed LMS Grading for all LSRW Skills.
- Writing Proficiency Test (WPT): In collaboration with ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages), The Tamil School is planning to facilitate Writing Proficiency Training for the teacher community