School improvement Plan 2019–20
The School Improvement Plan is created by the School Board with input from Student Performance data (Students Attendance, HW grade, Exam Marks), Stakeholder (Parent, Student & Teacher) feedback from Survey and School Board recommendations. The following areas will be the focus of this year’s improvement plan. It is aimed at measureable goals, and it is monitored through the year. Progress of the improvement Plan will be shared periodically with the stakeholders.
1. Collaborative Learning and Professional Development for all Teachers
- Implement “Peer Observation” methodologies to help Teachers evaluate themselves and provide a platform for shared Teaching practices
- Establish periodic professional development to foster continuous learning
2. Grading & Reporting
- LSRW (Learning, Speaking, Reading and Writing) assessments for each course level pertain to the ACTFL proficiency levels. This assessment to happen once every trimester and record the skill score of each student as per IPA (Integrated Performance Assessment) grading such as:
– Exceed expectations
– Meet expectations strongly
– Meet expectations minimally
– Does not meet expectations
3. Technology in Classroom and beyond
- Moodle LMS to record attendance and grading. eLearning content delivery to students via Moodle.
- VoiceThread integration with Moodle to use single sign on to both Moodle LMS and VoiceThread. VoiceThread projects getting graded directly into Moodle.
- Single source Student Information System (SIS) for parents to access their student info, their Tamilschool email, Teacher contact info. Parents to use students login to access the attendance and gradebook info.
- Increase Technology Budget for classroom infrastructure to have dedicated Chromebook with google drive connected data to be accessible at any time.
4. Counselling & Career Planning
- Assign a dedicated staff/parent volunteer to act as a Student / Parent Liaison in determining the counseling, assessment, referral, educational and career planning needs of students from Intermediate to Advance Low level courses.